Tuesday, October 13, 2009

letter 09/16/09

Hey how’s it goin everyone?
Wow for some reason this week kind of went by slow so I’m so glad to be able to email now. Even thought this week went by slow it was still a really good week and there was a lot goin on as well.
This last Friday we had mission tour in Lethbridge. I love going back to let bridge I miss it so much it got to be one of my favoritest places in the mission. We had a member of the 70 come for the tour and he asked that all the zone leaders and district leaders who would be attending would meet with him for a special meeting before it all started. It was pretty cool being able to sit on the front row (because he told me too) and listen to a general authority speak to us and try his hardest to understand us as leaders in the mission. It was way cool. He talked mostly on how to be a good leader and what qualities good leaders posses. After that we had our freaking long mission tour but it was really good and helpful.
Now fast-forwarding to Sunday. I can't remember if I told you about the new investigator that we have so I’m going to tell you about it again. So last Sunday we went to church and a family brought their nonmember cousin with them and we talked after sacrament and she said that everyone else in her family are members but less active and she wants to be able to be taught and baptized. We were so excited but anyways we had been talking with the family all this last week and finding out that she has a really ruff home life. Her dad served a mission and her parents were sealed in the temple but now they spend most of their paycheck on smokes and drinking. They have even been getting their children into it by supplying it for them. So anyways you get the picture. I really don't think I have had a love for any investigator like I have for her. There is just something there inside her and I want to be able to help her have a better life and I know that the gospel can do that for her. We met for the first time this Sunday after church and it was really good. We kind of had to go at a slower pace just so she understands everything we are teaching her. I haven't asked this before that I can remember but will you please pray for her and for her family to allow her to keep meeting with us. Her name is Ashley Brandham. She is 15 and the most sincere girl I think I have ever met. I made a special promise with heavenly father this week that if I did certain things I would be able to see her baptized before I go home. On that note I talked to my mission president, who is awesome, and I expressed my desire to finish my mission here in this area. He said with a smile thanks for letting me know and I think we can work that out. So I’m hoping that I do get to stay here for the last little bit. If I do it will make this my longest area but 4 weeks. So if you want to throw that in your prayer as well that I get to stay I would really like that.
Ok, well now on to what’s happening back home. That will be cool for you to go watch Matt play. Who are they playing in flagstaff? Ok so now that you’ve seen the size of their team and the speed how do you honestly think I will match up with them when I get home and work my butt off? I really hope I get in and can have my dream come true and to play college football.
Well this week has been really different with the weather we are having a week of high 20's and up to 30 or 31 degrees. That’s like summer weather here. The weather has almost been like a month behind but oh well I’m good with that. All the leaves though are changing colors and starting to fall. I love it fall is my favorite time of the year.
Well I had better get going but I do love you so much and can't wait to talk to you next week.
Working Hard with no Regrets

No comments: