Tuesday, October 13, 2009

letter 07/22/09

Wow is it good to hear from you. The week after transfers always seems so long but this week went so fast it was great!
So about being zone leader, um how do you say amazing without using the word amazing? Well that’s about how it is. I don't think that I have ever worked this hard on my whole mission and at the same time I don’t think I have ever seen this much success either. It has just been the best thing that could have ever happened to me this far into my mission. I think it came at the best time too to keep me fired up while counting down on the time I have left.
Speaking of the time I have left how crazy is this, I can hold up one hand and that’s how many months I have left:) cool eh? Oh and I can't remember if I mentioned this but my comp is Elder White who I came out with! Cool eh? We counted it out this morning and beginning on august 7th we will begin the D&C challenge, which is reading one section of the doctrine and covenants everyday until you go home. So as of right now I have 154 days left on my mission. It kind of seems like a lot but at the same time it seems so short and I’m really sad about that.
So since I’m in a new area people keep asking where I’m from and when I tell them Las Vegas they say oh your used to this kind of heat then eh? But let me tell you this week has been HORRIBLE it has been so hot and we have no km’s left on the car so we have to walk everywhere and it has been deadly I tell ya. It's been like 28-35 degrees C and for this area that’s really hot and after being used to the Canadian cold its something quite different but oh well I only have to handle it a little while longer then my favorite season comes followed by winter and then I’m home.
So I have a sad story for you. Yesterday we were in our car making some phone calls and we see a crow fly right by my window of the car and I look up and see another crow coming in the same path and so I grab my door and swing it open just as the bird flies by and it just barely missed it. But don't worry the crow was well deserving of it. Right after that happens, we see the same crow pluck a robin out of the air and take it to the ground and then a few other crows come over and they all start attacking it and killing it. Meanwhile Elder White and I are searching everywhere for our cameras to film this horrible scene (I left my camera at home). so my comp gets his camera out and catches on film the crows finally killing the robin and then one of the crows picking it up in it's beak and flying up into a tree. After all that happened we realized we probably should have gone out and tried to save the robin from the crows by punting them across the yard. I think that would have made a better story anyways but ya that’s the kind of animals we have to deal with up in the wild North Country. Tune in next week to see a beaver and moose go at it:)
well I had better get going I'm running really short on time but I love you and hope you have a wonderful week.
Love your friend relative and baby brother,
Elder Josh Pehrson
P.S. working hard with no regrets

No comments: