Tuesday, October 13, 2009

letter 08-26-09

Wow i don't know why but that was one of my favorite emails from you in a really long time so thank you so much.
OK I'll talk about some new things and then I'll answer some of your questions from your email.
so i know that i told you last week i will be flying home on the 19th right? well that isn't happening anymore, the tickets were almost 600 dollars a missionary. so instead we are flying home on the 18th! just the one day difference cut the price in more than half. I'm kinda sad about it but happy at the same time. i know its just one day but it would have been nice to be out the full 2 years(to the day). but like i said its one day and I'm sorry but i don't think i will be doing any amazing missionary work the day before i go home anyways. but just so you know and can make plans for when i get home.
with the beginning of this transfer came some exciting news. we got three new zone leaders and one of them is a missionary that came out with me. that means that 9 of the 10 missionaries that i came out with have been called as zone leaders. president Priday told us when we first came into the mission that he hadn't seen a group of missionaries like us before. he knew some great things were going to come from us and what do ya know. we have had more zone leaders from our transfer than any i have ever seen. i think it would be fun to hear what all the other missionaries say when they see us all go home and they have to replace so many of us.
I got a letter from grandma and grandpa Olsen this last week and in it they gave me two names and addresses of really good friends of theirs that live in med hat so i called up one of them and talked to her, she was kinda shocked but way nice and I'm planning on stopping by both of them this next week.
I think this area I'm serving in has some of the best members i have had in my mission. there are so many that are just so awesome. this very might be the first area that will make me cry when i leave. hopefully its not until December when i leave:)

No comments: