Dearest people back home:
Well hello there everyone, how is everything back home? I’m betting everyone was missin me this last week but only a few more months before I get to join in on the family fun.
I’m not sure what is happening with transfers yet they will be happening next week so I will be emailing on Tuesday next week and I will tell you what is happening then.
This has been such a fun transfer, I never would have guessed that I would love serving in Medicine Hat as much as I have. The YSA branch is so great, its small so you know everyone but big enough that we have no problems doing activities or just having fun. And the family ward is just amazing. The members are so so sweet and will do anything for us. One of the members last night at a corn bust told me I walk like her husband. I don't know what her name is but she is the sweetest little old lady and she told me when I was passing the sacrament on Sunday she saw me walking and it reminded her of her husband because he was so good on his feet and walked like a somebody. Ha-ha it was so cute but that’s the kid of people that are in this ward it is just amazing.
I really hope I don't get transferred in a week but I’m kind of scared that I might. It would be great because the zone leader areas are some of the best in the mission so I know I would be going somewhere good and that would mean that that area would probably be my last area but at the same time I would not mind if this was my last area. That would actually be kind of funny if that happened. I would have spent almost 1/2 of my mission in the same stake. Brooks is in the same stake I’m in right now.
anyways I ended up getting a way bad migraine headache this week so that really sucked and it took me out of the swing of things for a little over a day but now I'm back on my feet and doing good.
We had a way spiritual experience on Sunday. I would bet that it was possibly one of the most powerful times I have felt the spirit on my mission. We had a church tour for the ward council Sunday night and only one person came and we were pretty upset that not anyone else came, but I think it was meant to be that way. So we went through with it. What it is is just a big object lesson while going through the church building. We go in before hand and set up some pictures and arrange some of the rooms. My very favorite room is one where we talk about the savior. we have about 10-12 chairs set up in a half circle when you walk in the room and we have the song I Stand All Amazed playing very softly in the background. It is just amazing the spirit you can feel in that room. so when we opened the door I just felt this rush of warmth come over me and I taught like I have never taught before and I taught about things that I didn't even really know about but when I taught I knew it was true. I started to cry and the member started to cry and my comp was standing there with kind of a look of awe on his face. It really was amazing though.
Another way cool experience this week was when we taught a new investigator the first lesson. Seems pretty basic and ordinary right? Well let me add the fact that it was in Spanish. Yes the investigator is from Mexico and my comp speaks Spanish so we grabbed one of the RM's who went to a Vegas Spanish mission and we, they taught her the first lesson and the amazing thing about it is I pretty much understood everything that was being talked about and some of her questions and answers it was just amazing. That night I really came to realize that the gift of tongues is really true because I just experienced it. That was also a way spiritual lesson that was just amazing. This has been just an amazing week as far as lessons and the spirit goes.
Ok well I had better get going here soon. I love you all and can't wait to hear from you next week and I will let you know what is happening with transfers on Tuesday.
Love you tons
Love Elder Joshua Pehrson
P.S. working hard with no regrets
P.S.S. – Please write, I am forgetting who some of you are because it has been so long since I have heard from you.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment