Wednesday, March 4, 2009

letter 02-18-09

Dear Friends & Family
I am doing freaking good how bout that?! :) The city is great and the cool thing is its getting warmer and it’s just a big feeling booster I don't think I have had a bad day since its been getting better weather. And by the sound of it we have been having about the same kind of weather other than the rain that Las Vegas has been having. That’s funny that you guys think it’s really cold and we are so excited its getting warm ha-ha. Your right I do think it’s funny that you have had to scrape the frost off your windows because I haven't had to and I'm in Canada! We haven't ridden the train for a while actually just because it’s been better weather and people are walking around so we do as well. My comp is doing great I have been talking to our zone leaders about getting him a little more responsibility like either training or going senior and I have also mentioned it to president so that would be pretty sweet if it happened. The baptism went great it was so cool. Other than my very first baptism it went the smoothest and was the best put together. It was awesome and the spirit there was the best feeling ever. My comp baptized her and she asked me to confirm her on Sunday and I was scared out of my mind. I have never done that before but it was such a cool experience and it was like I wasn't even talking and I can't even remember what I said. You will have to see this girl she is just this little Asian girl and she was so funny at the baptism and in the pictures you will see that we are sitting on chairs and she is standing because she said we were to tall and she wouldn't be in the pictures if we were standing so we got chairs and she said that was much better. I have been thinking it will be cool to see missionaries when I get home. It will be a totally different way of seeing them. I can't wait! I’m so excited for Jordan and Nicki and Justin and Becca and their new babies. That is great for them. It sucks that Jordan hasn't gotten a job yet. I really pray for him and hope he does get one soon. Wow it is cool that so many of you are reading the Book of Mormon. I’m in Ether and getting ready to finish it for the second time since I've been out. After that I’m going to read the D & C all the way through because I haven't read it all the way from beginning to end but I have been doing a lot of studies in it. Something that I have been doing a bit lately is reading my Patriarchal Blessing. It’s really cool to see things that have happened just on my mission. Oh my goodness I can't believe that the time is going so freaking fast and it’s almost March. In May my trainer goes home and then I only have 7 months left. That is really crazy to think about but there are still lots of days until then so I will make the very best of it :)
So how was everyone’s Valentines Day? Mine was great cuz of the baptism.

No comments: