Monday, November 10, 2008

letter 10-29-08

This is out of order with all the craziness of last week. Also, mom and dad got pictures of Josh this week. So, hopefully soon I can update some of the blogs with new pictures.
Happy Halloween: I think I will dress up like a missionary for Halloween:
Well I should tell you now so I don't forget but transfers are next week on my birthday so I will be emailing next Tuesday and letting you know what’s happening with that. I really hope my birthday present is that I stay here. I am just getting to know a lot of the members and really enjoying myself.
Teaching has been going great we have a lot of people that we are meeting with pretty regularly so it is a lot of fun. In fact last night we went to this house full of girls for dinner they signed up and brought priesthood so we could come but there is like 8 girls in this house but not all members. Anyway we had dinner there last night and after dinner two of them run down stairs and are gone for a while and then we hear them laughing and coming up the stairs. Then the lights go out and we can all still see because of twenty candles in cup cakes they were bringing up the stairs. It was pretty cool so they all sang happy birthday and I blew out all the candles and it was just way cool. And the crazy thing is I don’t ever remember telling any of them that it was my birthday soon or how old I was going to be. They must have inside workers. Haha! It’s things like that that you don't get in family wards that you get in the singles ward and it is just a lot of fun to be around people your own age. Ok so that was one story but here is another awesome one. On Monday we had something cool happen with one of them. We were teaching her at the institute and at the end guess what Elder Crippen and I did? Committed her to be baptized!!! How cool is that? The date is in December so if I stay I will be here for it but if not I guess I'm out of luck but I’m way excited about it and I hope that as she prays she will agree with it. Ok one more story for you, this one on Sunday. Well let me backup a little. Last week I emailed my first convert Kayla and she said that she was living in the west part of the city now and that she hadn't been to her new ward yet and then on Sunday I am standing in the foyer greeting people and in walks Kayla. I was so excited and she was too it was so cool so we talked and everything and I introduced her to a lot of people and I think she had a really good day. She signed up to feed us but it won't be until next transfer so I hope I stay for yet another reason. So that is the excitement for me this week.
Now watch since I had a great week, this next one is going to suck. I really hope not and I’ll do everything I can to make it be good. Yea!! I got another letter/card from Grandma and Grandpa Olsen for my birthday so that was good.

No comments: